I offer a Consultation Service, providing advice and guidance to Parents, Foster Carers, Social Services, Mental Health Professionals and Teachers.
// Clinical Supervision
I am trained and experienced in providing clinical supervision to trainee and qualified psychologists and mental health practitioners, ensuring their safe and effective practice within a warm, trusting and respectful relationship.
// Child & Family Assessments
I undertake Child & Family Assessments for Local Authorities and Family Court proceedings. This includes assessments and reports relating to:
- Child Development and welfare.
- Abuse/ Trauma.
- Contact and residence arrangements following parental relationship breakdown.
- Adoption and Permanence Orders.
- Contact arrangements for Looked After Children.
// Training & Education
I offer individually tailored training & educational workshops for organisations and professional groups, including Schools, Legal Professionals, Health and Social Care Professionals and Foster Carers.
Examples of training topics include:
- Child development.
- The impact of early adversity on brain development.
- Attachment Theory.
- Working with young people who have experienced trauma during childhood.
- The impact of neglect on the developing child.
- Viewing Contact Arrangements through an Attachment Theory lens.
- Skills in communicating with children in clinical practice.
- The impact of Parental Mental Health Difficulties.
- Development during Childhood in the context of Family Law.
- Understanding Adolescent Development to facilitate effective Communication.